Seated, active, playing
- seated, if his chair is occupied
- active: if he is posting blinds, i.e not sitting out
- playing, if he holds cards; i.e either face-cards or cardbacks.
- cardbacks: again this information can usually be scraped with a cheap and reliable colour-transform
- “nocard”-regions. These regions were introduced for two reasons: if a player holds no cards we can avoid the somewhat costly scraping for card-faces which usually requires fuzzy fonts. As an additional benefit we get improved error-detection in debug-mode, because a player either shows cardbacks, cardfaces or no-card.
- cardfaces (or alternatively ranks plus suits): this information can sometimes be done with hashes or images, if the cards are always displayed the same way: but often the display will differ a little bit and you will need text-scraping (fuzzy fonts).
Seated, but sitting out
|Seated and active, but not playing|
Seated, active and playing (villain)